10 tips for growing in Autopots
Autopots are a great investment – they are low cost to run and easy to use.
They’re almost infinitely expandable and don’t require power. Used correctly, you will get great yields.
Don’t sit the pots on a cold concrete floor. Site on wood or polystyrene to stop the warmth draining through the floor.
- Ensure the surface you are sitting the pots on is level. The valve works on a pocket of trapped air so it needs to sit properly in the tray.
- Ensure the valve is sitting on and pushed onto the T in the tray.
- Always settle the valve before you turn the system on.
- Hand feed plants until they are established, usually a couple of days to a week – then turn the system on.
- Keep a layer of washed clay balls or pebbles at the base of each pot (or use an Autopot Air Base).
- Choose the correct nutrient. Too little and they starve, too much is toxic.
- Use a new nutrient solution each time you refill the tank.
- Flush the pipes with clean water each time you refill the tank.
- Clean the system after each harvest. Sterilise with bleach or similar and rinse clean.